192.168.1.1 router login admin and wifi password change router. Router IP address list and default router password list. Wifi for Netgear, Xfinity, Linksys, D-Link, TP-Link, Tenda and all router lo gin.
192.168.1.1 is a private IP address used to login the admin panel of a router. 192.168.l.l is pre-specified by the router companies as the default gateway address and can be used to make different changes to the router’s settings.
|Your Router IP:||Loading..|
|Your Local IP:||Loading..|
|Your Public IP:||Loading..|
192.1681.1 Accessing the right IP address for proper configuration of the router device is essential for gaining speed for your internet connection. The 192.168.1.1 IP address is an important one since it helps you to gain access to management panel of the device. Now you can enjoy the benefits of the IP addresses without any threat with the help of the underneath information.
The IP address 192.168.1.1 is the management panel address of the ADSL modem that you are using. Updated software for easier management of the modem devices are being produced by the worldwide producers for users who wish to configure their software as admin. This is done to ensure that the users can make necessary changes and configuration when they face any trouble while using the modem by using login to the IP adresses.
How to Login to 192.168.1.1?
To login into 192.168.1.1 follow these steps –
- Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1 or type 192.168.1.1 into the browser’s URL bar.
- A login page will appear asking you to enter the login username and password.
- Enter the username and password in the designated fields.
- You will now be logged in into the Admin Panel of the router.
Note: If you are unable to access the router’s admin panel at 192.168.1.1, try using a different IP address – 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1.
Forgot IP Address Username and Password?
If you have forgotten the IP Address Username and Password or if they are not working then you can –
- Look at the manual/box or back of router.
- If you changed the password and have lost it or forgotten it then you need to perform a factory reset. To do that, look for a small hidden RESET button on the back of your router. Press and hold that button for about 10-15 seconds using a paper clip or a needle. The router will reboot itself and will be back to default settings.
How to Change Route IP Address?
The default gateway IP address comes pre-assigned by your internet service provider, however, a user can configure it par to needs. It is often changed to prevent bad guys access your admin panel, prevent DDoS attacks, or just to add an additional layer of safety. Here’s how to do it –
- Login to your default admin panel at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 (admin/admin is username and password)
- Go to Advanced settings > Network > LAN.
- Under “IP Address” field you may change it to your desired address such as 192.168.1.2.
- Save it and the router will reboot to apply the changes.
- Login to your router configuration page (username: admin & password: admin/blank)
- Go to Setup > Network Settings.
- Now you will find Router IP Address field.
- Change it as preferred and Save Settings.
- Login to NetGear router settings page via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or you can access via http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- By default, the username is admin and password is password.
- Once logged in navigate to Advanced > from left side menu go to “Setup” > LAN Setup.
- Under LAN TCP/IP Setup, you will see IP Address. Change 10.10.10.1 as preferred.
- Apply Changes and the system will reboot to update settings.
In any case during the process something goes wrong, then you may reset your router to default factory settings so all customization will be reverted back.
Protecting your WiFi network is important to prevent unauthorized access. Follow basic rules such as enabling WPA2 encryption, setting up strong password, disabling WPS adds more security since it is an old method of synchronization between networks, enable MAC-address filtering and update your router firmware occasionally. Here is a complete guide on how to protect your WiFi network.
What can you do with the 192.168.1.1 IP ADDRESS?
Once you have entered the IP address on 192.168.1.1 , you would have the full authorisation of it. This would allow you to access the management panel of the router and change the settings and configurations that are provided by default with the router software. When you have gained access, adjustments like the WPS block, security options, network management, LAN, WAN, DSL, ADSL, MAC, proxy, DNS can be changed. This is particularly advantageous since it allows us to change the internet configuration from any place like school, office, cafes or wherever we are at that moment, irrespective of the location of the router.
Solution for forgotten username and password
The only method of resetting your router is reverting back to the factory settings. With the help of a toothpick or needle, you have to hold down the secret reset button for 20 seconds while your device is working. This hidden button is present on every router device. Learning the unknown IP address username and password is quite easy too. In case, you revert to factory settings, it is likely that you existing internet connection would rapture as well and needs to be reset. You can also consult someone, who has experience at this work for better understanding.
192.168.1.1 Router Introduction
Router manufacturers have provided us with an IP address to provide access to the router’s interface. This IP address 192.168.1.1 – 192.168.2.1 – 192.168.0.1 – 192.168 .. continues and allows you to access all router interfaces.
Let’s open our internet browser on our computer and write the address at http://192.168.1.1 and press enter. Airties brands 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 worldwide use this IP address.
If these IP addresses are not available, follow these steps.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, press Win + C, search > “cmd ” > Enter to open the command line. At the command prompt, type “ipconfig” and press Enter. You will see the IP address of your router at the bottom of the network you are currently connected to “Default Gateway” router IP address.
Briefly: Go to the search bar, select “run” and type in “cmd” and once the command box opens type “ipconfig/all.
The router interface home page will appear here and will ask us for a username and password. I have given passwords below to provide access to the router interface by brands.
Default username and password combinations for popular brands
For Linksys routers:
- default IP: 192.168.1.1
- username: admin (or leave it blank)
- password: admin
For Netgear routers:
- default IP: 192.168.1.1
- username: admin
- password: password or 1234
For Westell routers:
- default IP: 192.168.1.1
- username: admin
- password: password
Most Common Router Logins